Thursday, October 27, 2011

Watch Your Feet!

Recently in a game involving the Seattle Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Steelers, 7 year NFL vet Raheem Brock was fined $15,000 dollars for a below the knee hit (which as of 2011 is ruffing the passer) on Pitt QB Ben Roethlisberger. Later during the week Brock was found on twitter posting about the legitimate evidence that the hit only happened because he was tripped by a Pittsburgh offensive lineman. "Fined by the NFL today for being "TRIPPED" by an o'lineman and fallin into the QB's legs! Smh if I only had super powers to stop mid air," Brock wrote on Twitter on Wednesday night.  A day later, his opinion hadn't changed. “I have been in this league. I knew I was going to get fined. I just thought that was a no-brainer," Brock said. "But I'm going to appeal it, because it's clear as day I got tripped into the quarterback." Now the NFL has pictures and the video and will be reviewing it with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Brock refuses to pay the fine. Who is at fault for this situation, is it the refs for a bad call or the NFL for the ridiculous rule changes.

4 comments:

Travis S said...

I think that you can place blame on both the league and the ref's for the situation. I feel the league should review all parts of the play not just the call before they decide if they should fine the players. If they decide to fine them they should consider the severity of the foul before they just give a set fine. I feel that you can also place blame on the ref's because they didn't catch the trip in the game.

Alex W said...

That's a good point so all plays that involve fines should be reviewed by the officials and the league

Anonymous said...

I agree I don’t think the NFL should automatically fine the player 15,000 without reviewing the play. Why so much money for such a little thing? I don’t think that a player should have to pay 15,000 dollars because he hit the QB below the knee. I think that that’s a ridiculous rule and that a defender should be able to tackle the QB any way to get him down. I agree with Travis and would say that you can place some blame on the refs because they missed the trip and assumed it happened.
Colton U

Alex W said...

Thanks I agree with that. How should they resolve the problem, and help make sure it does not happen again.